The C5+ fraction of raw pyrolysis gasoline must be hydrotreated to saturate di-olefins, olefins, and aromatic unsaturates, especially styrene, before use in other processes. The Catalysts business offers catalyst technology for two-stage pyrolysis gasoline (pygas) hydrotreatment.
OleMax® 600 and OleMax 601 are used in the first-stage hydrogenation of the pyrolysis gasoline treatment unit to selectively hydrogenate the dienes.
Second-stage hydrogenation in commercial pyrolysis gasoline units often utilizes a mixed catalyst loading of OleMax 806 and OleMax 807.
Complete licensed process solutions including turn-key packages for high purity benzene, toluene and paraxylene production are available from GTC Technology, using our hydrogenation catalysts.
- Synthesis Gas
- Chemicals & Specialties
- Air purification
- Selective Hydrogenation for Steam Crackers – OleMax®
- Alkanes Dehydrogenation and Dealkylation – CATOFIN®
- Purification of Polymer feedstock (ethylene/propylene) - PolyMax®
- Production of Terephthalic Acid (PTA)
- Aromatics and Derivatives
- Conversion of Methanol to Propylene – MTPROP
- Ethylene Dichloride (EDC)
- FCC Off-Gas Treatment
- Polypropylene Production – C-Max®
- Styrene Production – StyroMax®