Purification of terephthalic acid in a fixed bed reactor is achieved by hydrogenation of the colored by-products to uncolored and water-soluble by-products using H2MAX® catalysts. The main impurity to be hydrogenated is 4-carboxybenzaldehyde.
These catalysts are precious-metal-based catalysts on granular carbon support with highly dispersed Pd, assuring long-term stable catalyst activity. Our latest catalyst generation is produced with an unique production technology.
Metal dispersion and retention are particularly important for precious metal catalysts. The lower loss of precious metal from the catalyst during operation compared to state of the art catalysts is already significant if considering the standard grade H2Max® 50, but it becomes a significant economic benefit to our customers when considering the improved grade H2Max® HD, due to the patented dispersion and distribution of the precious metal on the support.
- Synthesis Gas
- Chemicals & Specialties
- Air purification
- Selective Hydrogenation for Steam Crackers – OleMax®
- Alkanes Dehydrogenation and Dealkylation – CATOFIN®
- Hydrogenation of Pyrolysis Gasoline
- Purification of Polymer feedstock (ethylene/propylene) - PolyMax®
- Aromatics and Derivatives
- Conversion of Methanol to Propylene – MTPROP
- Ethylene Dichloride (EDC)
- FCC Off-Gas Treatment
- Polypropylene Production – C-Max®
- Styrene Production – StyroMax®