Majority of styrene produced in the world today is made by dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene (EB) using STYROMAX® catalysts. These include the following:
STYROMAX 3 catalysts are physically rugged and have demonstrated run-lengths longer than 42 months. They offer an excellent balance of activity and selectivity, and can be used at steam/oil ratios as low as 1.15 wt. / wt.
STYROMAX Plus 5 is a high activity catalyst with exceptional physical strength and a very low attrition rate.
STYROMAX 6 has an optimal balance of activity and selectivity.
STYROMAX 8 is the newest development and shows very high activity. Customers can capture value via either increased production or greater catalyst life, while operating at steam/oil ratios as low as 1.15 wt. / wt.
D-Max ® Series are high selectivity catalysts.
- Synthesis Gas
- Chemicals & Specialties
- Air purification
- Selective Hydrogenation for Steam Crackers – OleMax®
- Alkanes Dehydrogenation and Dealkylation – CATOFIN®
- Hydrogenation of Pyrolysis Gasoline
- Purification of Polymer feedstock (ethylene/propylene) - PolyMax®
- Production of Terephthalic Acid (PTA)
- Aromatics and Derivatives
- Conversion of Methanol to Propylene – MTPROP
- Ethylene Dichloride (EDC)
- FCC Off-Gas Treatment
- Polypropylene Production – C-Max®