To provide, contribute and share our time and resources, in a responsible manner, with the society and environment we operate in and with the nation at large. It is our vision to uphold and promote the principles of inclusive growth with equitable development to serve national priorities and create enduring societal values aimed to enhance national wealth by enriching value chains that encompass the less privileged and to provide meaningful emphasis to environmental sustainability.
- Undertake CSR Programs aimed at inter alia health care , sanitation, promoting education, eradication of poverty, empowerment of women and child welfare.
- Engage in skill building and vocational training to generate livelihood among the less privileged members of society.
- Protecting environment, its sustainability and ecological balance.
- Collaborate with local bodies / government / voluntary organizations /academic institutions in pursuit of our goals.
- Activities could be carried out by a trust, society or company with a proven track record in similar activities.
Kerala Flood Disaster
Kerala State in which SCIL Edayar unit is located has faced unprecedented flood havoc between 15th August to 18th August 2018. The catastrophe caused immeasurable misery and devastation. Hundreds of lives were lost, thousands of homes destroyed and many more were damaged apart from damages to roads, infrastructure, vehicles, agriculture etc
More than 60% of SCIL regular employees and much more contractors’ labourers are severely affected as the flood waters entered into their houses damaging building, household equipment and vehicles.
The Company has extended the best possible support to employees and contractors’ workmen as well as to the flood affected families in vicinity of the Company.
Apart from that, SCIL has contributed Rs.25 lakhs to Kerala Chief Minister’s relief Fund. Mr. Saji V Mathew, Dy. General Manager HR& IR handed over the cheque to Sri. Pinarai Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala, in the presence of Industries Minister and Minister for Electricity on 31st August 2018.